Lake Gregory Community Recreation Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Title: Lakefront Lifeguard
Reports to: Recreation Manager/Supervisor
Job Description Status: Seasonal, F/T, Exempt
Date: May-August 2022 Wage: $18/hr
- Administers the lake safety plan in accordance with American Red Cross and County of San Bernardino safety standards.
- Assists in the proper operation of all waterpark and lakefront activities.
- Assists with the maintenance and placement of all First Aid and safety equipment.
- Oversees the safe conduct of lake guests.
- Assists in the daily operation of all lake equipment. This includes any opening and closing procedures.
- Responsible for the maintenance and cleanliness of the lake equipment, lake/boathouses, and areas
- surrounding the lake.
- Oversee the distribution of any rental equipment and life jackets
- Other duties as assigned.
Major Competency Areas
- Ability to accept guidance and supervision.
- Ability to lead.
- A pleasant personality (even in stressful situations) towards guests and staff.
- Integrity and adaptability.
- Food Handlers Certificate from San Bernardino County.
- Current Lifeguarding, CPR, AED/First Aid Certifications.
- A minimum of 16 years of age.
- Ability to accept supervision and to supervise others.
- Positive attitude toward guests and co-workers.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Agreement and compliance with the employee handbook.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to swim.
- Physical strength and endurance to maintain constant supervision of guests.
- Ability to carry out the essential functions of the job.